The following has been true this week:
- I have not slept more than 5.5 hours in a single night.
- I have gone kickboxing twice.
- I have not eaten meat since Sunday.
- This is what I HAVE eaten (since Monday): 3 helpings of homemade hummus; 3 whole-wheat bagels; 20 baby carrots; 2 granola bars; 3 pieces of cheese; 1 bottle of mango juice; 1/2 smoothie made from various fruits, kefir and carrot juice; 2 tomato-and-mozzarella half-paninis; 1 half Caesar salad; 2 bites of a whole-wheat baguette; and 1/2 cup of corn chowder
- I did not feel like eating any of the above.
- My heart rate has not been below 90 and has often felt fluttery and inconsistent.
Moral? When you have spent a week similar to the above, and need to make it through a Friday-afternoon meeting, no matter what your brain says, no matter what seems to make sense, ESPRESSO IS NOT A GOOD IDEA.
This has been a public service announcement from the OHMYGODWHATWASTHATNOISE? Awareness Association.